Crown Cork and Seal USA, Inc., a world leader in the Packaging Industry has immediate openings for Production Line Mechanics for its Specialty Packaging operation in Belcamp, MD. Ideal candidate will have at least 3 - 5 years’ experience.
A Mechanic is responsible for safely running a production line, breakdown maintenance, troubleshooting problems, preventative maintenance and quality checks while being involved in continuous improvement initiatives.
A qualified candidate:
· Must be Safety conscious, dependable, and concerned with quality.
· Possesses the ability to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
· Possess mechanical aptitude
· Has performed quality checks according to set standards.
· Must be able to change machinery / set up machines, “un-jam” machinery, make adjustments to machinery as needed, remove machine parts / tooling for repair
· High attention to detail.
HS Degree or GED minimum required with technical degree desirable.
· Prefer 3-5 min. years working on close tolerance manufacturing equipment.
· Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
· Able to read, write, speak clearly for necessary daily documentation & communication
· Must be available to work any shift.
· Possible over-time as needed to meet customer requirements, including weekends
· Ability to stand for long periods of time in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
· Must wear required PPE and follow all safety rules.
· Possess or obtain own tools required for job.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits such as medical, vision, dental insurance, basic & optional life insurance, 401(k) plan & stock purchase plan, pension plan, long term disability and tuition assistance.
CROWN is proud to be an EEOC/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer