SENIOR SEAMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVEApply Job ID 7574
Global Fortune 500 packaging manufacturer has an immediate opening for a Seamer Service Technician for the Midwest Region in the North American Beverage Division. This individual is a key member of the Sales Team who supports various customer-filling operations. Position accountabilities include the following:
- Act as the key interface between the Company and the customer in trouble-shooting problems associated with the Company's final product and the customer's filling processes.
- Support the customer in areas such as equipment audits, rework of the final filled products, overhauls and equipment conversion.
- Interact with other members of the Company's Sales Team to develop strategies, resolve problems and implement solutions to support the customer.
- Provide double-seaming training for customers.
Requirements for this position would include the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degrees or technical school certificate in a mechanical related discipline a plus
- Working knowledge of Beverage Can Seamers (specifically Angelus, Pneumatic Scale and Continental)
- Working knowledge of Beverage Fillers Equipment (Crown, H&K, Cemco, etc.).
- Proven mechanical skills including the ability to use gauges, dial calipers, micrometers and other related instruments.
- Strong PC skills including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point)
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written as well as proven presentation skills.
- Ability to clearly and effectively interact with customers on a variety of levels.
- Ability to identify a final packaged product that is not working or defective, troubleshoot the potential causes, and incorporate a solution for effectively resolving the problem.
- Ability to work overtime during the week and week-ends based on customer needs.
- Ability to travel (car and/or plane) up to 70% of the time. This will include some international travel to Canada